EcoInk World (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR), we EcoInk World are the data controller.
All personal data and information which you provide to us or which we receive from elsewhere is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions you undertake will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and to change your password immediately if it should ever be revealed to anyone.
Please note that transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data which you transmit to us or our site. Any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data and information, we will use appropriate procedures and security measures to try to prevent its unauthorised access and loss.
Personal data is any data by which by itself or with other data can be used to identify a human individual. We collect most of that data directly from you, but other data may be collected or received indirectly. Personal data may include:
• Name, address, email address and telephone numbers
• Date of birth or age
• Biometric and behavioural data for security purposes
• Employment or business details
• Records of products or services received or enquired about and how they were to be used
• Financial details including credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency supplied information
• Credit card or bank details relating to payment procedures
• Any other data you have authority to supply to us which is relevant to our legitimate interests
How We May Collect Data from You
We will tell you when the provision of data is optional or when it must be provided for us to complete a sale or service for you.
• Information you give us: you may give us information by filling in forms on this website or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail, social media or otherwise. That information includes data you provide when you register to use this website, subscribe to a service, search for a product, place an order, report a problem to us, participate on a discussion forum, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or interact with us via other media.
• Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any telephone number used to call our us.
• Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In that case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Using Your Personal Data
We will use and process your personal data on the following legal bases and for the following purposes:
• As necessary to perform any contract with you:
to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
to decide whether to enter into a contract
to manage and perform the contract
to update our records, and
to trace your whereabouts and contact you about your account, and for recovering any payment due to us.
• As necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of other: relevant persons and organisations:
For accounting, good governance, and managing our business operations (including business or assets purchases, sales or reconstruction or merger actions)
• To search credit reference agencies if you are over 18 and wish to purchase products or services on credit
• To monitor emails, calls and other communications and activities on your account
• For systems, equipment and data storage security purposes
• For market research, analysis and developing statistics, and
• To send you marketing communications and undertake other marketing procedures regarding products, services and our business procedures
• If necessary, to comply with any legal obligations
• When you exercise your rights under data protection law or make requests
• For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures
• For assertion, protection and defence of legal rights
• For activities relating to the detection, prevention or investigation of crime
• To verify your identity, make credit, fraud prevention or anti-money laundering checks, and
• To monitor emails, calls and other communications on your account
• Based on you having given us your consent
• When you request us to disclose your personal data to other people or organisations
• To send you marketing communications where we have asked for your consent to do so.
Sharing of your personal data
Subject to data protection laws, we may share your personal data with:
• Subsidiary or associated companies or the holding company in our group, prospective purchasers of our company, business or assets, or where we propose company, business or assets acquisitions or business restructuring or merger
• Sub-contractors and persons who help us to provide our products and services
• Companies and persons providing services to us including market research organisations who help us to improve our products and services, and technical service providers who help us to improve our website and your experience in using it
• Our legal and professional advisors
• Crime prevention, credit reference and debt collection agencies
• Government bodies and agencies, including the courts and HMRC
• Payment system companies or processors necessary to progress your transactions or resolve issues arising
• Anyone else where we have your specific consent to do so or where we are required to share by law.
• To protect the security or integrity of our business or to protect your interests
Storage of Personal Data and Transfer outside the UK
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored outside the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the UK and EEA who are working with us or with one of our suppliers. We will take all steps reasonably possible, by seeking to impose contractual obligations of adequacy of protection or the meeting of international data protection standards, to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and statement.
Retention of Personal Data
The criteria which we will use when deciding how long to retain your personal data include:
• Your consent to be kept informed about our products and services in the future
• The necessity to deal with current and future purchases or enquiries or any queries arising out of them
• The length of time the law permits you to bring a claim against us
• Any legal or regulatory requirements which oblige us to do so
Your Rights Under Applicable Law
Whilst these rights may not apply in all circumstances, they include:
• The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
• The right to have inaccurate personal data corrected
• The right to object to or restrict processing of your personal data
• The right to request access to your personal data and information as to how we process it
• The right to have your personal data deleted/erased
• To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as follows:
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Third-Party Website Links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and data protection statements and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. We advise you to check them before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Anonymised and Aggregated Data
Your personal data may be converted into statistical or anonymised data which cannot be used to identify you and is then used for statistical analysis and reports to assist our business. That aggregated data may be shared as outlined above.
Changes to This Policy and Statement
Any changes we may make in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check frequently to learn of any updates or changes.
By email to email@example.com